The Indigo Hotel, St Petersburg, Florida was evacuated by fire services recently when smoke spread through the building during the night.
The St Pete Fire Rescue arrived at the boutique hotel in the early hours and were forced to wake and evacuate as many as 100 guests.
The smoke was reportedly not caused by actual flames, but by an electrical junction box.
Hotel guests had to wait outside while the fire department found the source of the smoke and then while historic building was aired out.
The hotel was initially a private home, built in 1926, and offers access to many nearby museums, restaurants and attractions, as well as complimentary bicycles.
Onsite are a health and fitness center and an outdoor swimming pool, as well as a meeting and events space.