close

Fire at Jackson boutique hotel said to have originated near hot tubs

Credit: Buckrail.com

A fire that broke out on Monday morning at a boutique hotel in the town of Jackson has caused ‘serious damage’ to the property.

The blaze at Rusty Parrot Lodge was said to have originated in the area around a hot tub on a back deck, owner Brandon Harrison told reporters.

The flames engulfed the building on the evening of November 18 and continued until Tuesday before the fire was brought under control.

Story continues below
Advertisement

Around 13 units, from Jackson Hole Fire/EMS to Jackson Police Department and Teton Village Fire, were called out to fight the blaze.

Five guests staying at the family-owned hotel was safely evacuated, while local reports suggest that part of the building collapsed as a result of the outbreak.

Rusty Parrot Lodge comprises 32 bedrooms, a Wild Sage restaurant and Body Sage Day Spa.

The hotel is a member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World.  

Tags : hotels
Zoe Monk

The author Zoe Monk

Leave a Response